Wednesday, January 30, 2013

L'Oréal: Because You're... Pink-Haired?! (Updated!)

Hey, all! My goal of blogging twice a week got sidelined by the start of the spring semester. Now that I'm back in the swing of things, I've returned with a review of a product I did not get along with at all: L'Oréal's Superior Preference in 6R Light Auburn.

As I mentioned in my intro post, I have very prematurely graying hair -- it started turning silver when I was in 5th grade -- so I dye my hair. What I wanted? Rich, cinnamony auburn. What I got? Dark, blotchy, pinkish red. (Pictures will be up when I can shoot in daylight.)

It's horrific. I don't understand if the dye itself was bad, but I also noticed as it developed on my hair, the scent was much stronger than normal and made my eyes burn despite the bathroom door being wide open and the fan running. I use L'Oréal religiously and have used this exact color before with beautiful results, but it's put me off.

Recommendations, anyone?

As promised, here is the color my hair turned, photographed in natural light streaming in through my window. As you can see, it adds a lovely pink glow to everything it touches. It's actually not a terrible color, but it's not at all what I was going for. I want my hair to look like I don't color it, not like I have pinkish-red hair. Below the pinky one is a photo of how my hair looks in artificial, incandescent lighting. See, it matches my eyebrow! That is what I was going for. Alas, my hair doesn't look like that in natural light or under the harsh glow of fluorescents.




However, all was not lost! I spoke with someone from L'Oréal's tip line, and they were incredibly helpful and sweet, so the brand still earns major brownie points from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment