Friday, January 31, 2014

The TMI (Too Much Information) Tag!

I've seen this everywhere, most recently on the beautiful and hilarious Melanie's YouTube channel, and since I feel like I'm coming down with the plague and didn't feel up to a review, I thought I'd tackle it. For those interested, Melanie's blog is here: http://melaniieblogs.blogspot.ie, and you can find her other links there, too!

1.) What are you wearing? Pajamas. I’m sick, guys! 

2.) Ever been in love? Haven’t we all?

3.) Ever had a terrible breakup? Depends on your definition of terrible.

4.) How tall are you? 5’0” normally, 5’1.5” if I’ve been to the chiropractor. 

5.) How much do you weigh? You know what? This is such an unhealthy fixation with people nowadays, so I’m going to say between 100-120 pounds and leave it at that.

6.) Any tattoos? Yup!

7.) Any piercings? Yup, ears only.

8.) OTP? (This means One True Pairing, FYI) Hmm… This is a tough one. I’ll go with a currently airing TV show just to narrow it down and make it easier for me. Castle/Beckett from Castle. They’re just so cute together. They make me happy.

9.) Favorite show? Just one?! If I can only choose one, it’s Sherlock, hands down. The writing is so intelligent, the direction is gorgeous, and the cast… I can’t even speak coherently about Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman as Sherlock and John except to say they are stupendous.

10.) Favorite bands? Thank God this is bands, plural, or I couldn’t choose. I definitely can’t pick a single solo artist! I love all music, so this is tough! The Doors, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Who, Led Zeppelin… For modern music, U2, Kings of Leon, Snow Patrol… There are more. Just… music.

11.) Something you miss? Loved ones who’ve died.

12.) Favorite song? Of all time? No idea. Of the moment? Lana Del Rey’s Once Upon A Dream.

13.) How old are you? Old. Old as balls. 30.

14.) Zodiac sign? Pisces on the cusp of Aquarius and definitely more of an Aquarius.

15.) Quality you look for in a partner? I’m not currently looking, but intelligence and a sense of humor.

16.) Favorite quote? Eep! Again, this is so hard, but I’ll go with, “It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.” It’s often attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt, and it was a favorite of JFK’s.

17.) Favorite actor? I’m going to have to pick two here. Gary Oldman. He’s the most adaptable actor in the world. When he needs to be evil, he is. When it’s a cheesy movie, he brings Grade A Swiss. When it’s a drama, he’s subtle and nuanced. And, sorry, Mom, he’s a much better Dracula than Frank Langella. Also, Cate Blanchett. She’s one of those actors I trust implicitly. When I see her name in the credits, I know I’m going to get something out of the film.

18.) Favorite color? Gray.

19.) Loud music or soft? Both. It depends on my mood.

20.) Where do you go when you're sad? To my bed to cuddle my cats.

21.) How long does it take you to shower? Normally around ten minutes, but since the water has been turning cold (fuck you, winter) it takes five.

22.) How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? If I’m just running errands, ten minutes. Twenty if I’m making an effort.

23.) Ever been in a physical fight? Quite a few when I was a kid. Remember your Shakespeare: “Though she be but little, she is fierce.” Never pick on a short girl!

24.) Turn on? Wit and intelligence.

25.) Turn off? Arrogance and smelly people. Seriously, bathe.

26.) The reason I joined Youtube? Err, I didn’t. I started my blog because I kept getting asked to recommend products, so I figured I’d just do it online so other people can find the information, too.

27.) Fears? Bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets… Catch my drift? Clowns. Creepy bastards. Also, roaches.

28.) Last thing that made you cry? Nostalgia. I was watching the Breakfast Club and teared up a little just because I love the movie. My family’s Irish. We cry a lot, okay?

29.) Last time you said you loved someone? This afternoon.

30.) Meaning behind your Youtube name? Again, applying this to my blog. My name starts with an M, and I’m writing about stuff. I’m such a genius with naming things.

31.) Last book you read? The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. It’s about a serial killer who struck during the 1893 World’s Fair.

32.) The book you're currently reading? The Successful Investor by William O’Neil. Self-explanatory.

33.) Last show you watched? Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond. Very clever and fast-paced. To all the Whovians who were butthurt because Dominic Cooper wasn’t our 12th Doctor? Relax. He could very well be our next James Bond.

34.) Last person you talked to? My mom.

35.) The relationship between you and the person you last texted? He’s my brother by another mother.

36.) Favorite food? Oh, snap. This one is hard. Chili paneer or green curry with tofu.

37.) Place you want to visit? All the places! Prague, Istanbul, London, Paris… Seriously, the list of places I don’t want to visit is shorter.

38.) Last place you were? Starbucks for my favorite, the hazelnut machiatto.

39.) Do you have a crush? Pink. Seriously, did you see her at the Grammys? Girl has mad talent.

40.) Last time you kissed someone? Sunday, when I kissed my kitties goodbye before leaving for Atlanta.

41.) Last time you were insulted? On my blog! I thought about leaving the comment, but it might have offended someone, so I deleted it. All I’m saying? Better to be considered ugly than to be plain and boring.

42.) Favorite flavor of sweet? Lychee. Yum.

43.) What instruments do you play? Errr… I can play Eye of the Tiger on the drums. That’s it.

44.) Favorite piece of jewelry? My gold Claddagh ring, which was a gift from my gran. It’s too big for me now, so I never wear it. I need to have it resized, but I’m so scared something will happen to it.

45.) Last sport you played? Shopping is totally a sport!

46.) Last song you sang? Every song from the Breakfast Club.

47.) Favorite chat up line? Ugh, no. I don’t have one. Vile.

48.) Have you ever used it? Can I get an oh, HELL no up in here?

49.) Last time you hung out with anyone? Today.

50.) Who should answer these questions next? Anyone who wants to! Post links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment