Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Do Not Want! Wednesday

I was trolling the Free People website looking at their latest offerings when I saw something that literally caused me to do a double take. And not in a good way. These jeans. These jeans are $315. Yes, you’re reading that correctly. Three hundred fifteen dollars. For a pair of unflattering, slouchy jeans by a designer I have never heard of in my life. 


Are they made in a vat of unicorn tears? Are the fibers blessed by Tibetan monks before they’re shipped to a distribution center? I just don’t see a single thing about these jeans that makes them worth the price tag. 

Obviously, to each their own, but I don’t like my jeans to be designed. I want jeans to be jeans. End of discussion. They are meant to be comfortable, durable, and versatile. I don’t need them to make me breakfast in bed, which is what I would expect if I ever paid $315 for a pair of dumpy jeans. 

Am I being overly judgmental? Is there something about them that makes them worth the cost? 

1 comment:

  1. Nothing about them is worth cost

    ReplyDelete