Monday, March 3, 2014

What's To Come + The Big Announcement


My birthday was February 23, yay! So I will soon be doing a birthday haul (not to brag! I repeat, not to brag, but because we gals are nosy and like knowing these things), but the bulk of my gifts are still not here. I’m also planning to do my February favorites, but I’m so torn on one product that I don’t know whether to list it as a Hit or a Hell No just yet. We shall see. 

And now for the big news. As some of you may know, I’ve been in college (occasionally) off and (mostly) on since I was 18. I have changed my major numerous times, accumulated enough hours that I could earn several BAs if I wanted to spend the time/money on it, and always derailed my own train when I came close to graduation. 

My problem? I studied social sciences and arts, and there are just no jobs in those fields right now. My cousin, a stupendously gifted journalist, recently lost his job when the entire paper he worked for shut down. With such slim pickings for BA candidates, I have decided to turn my affinity for beauty into a paying job.

I’m going to go to cosmetology school. It’s a creative field, so the job is one I will enjoy, and there are, you know, jobs out there. I’ve yet to find a school, but I plan on blogging about it once I start classes. 

So that’s that. I feel much calmer now that I’ve finally settled on something. I’m looking forward to turning over a new leaf and documenting the journey as I go. It took me a long time to figure things out, but, hey, in the words of Oscar Wilde, “It is because Humanity has never known where it was going that it has been able to find its way.”

5 comments:

  1. That is the best news! I'm glad you've finally come to this decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just took me forever, LOL. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on coming to a decision and good luck along the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have definitely considered doing the same! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete