Monday, May 5, 2014

April Favorites

It’s that time again! Is it completely nerdy to get excited over sharing my April favorites? Because I feel like it’s really nerdy. It’s about to get even nerdier since I’ve decided to start sharing my non-beauty favorites every month, too. Look for those Wednesday. And now, on with the show!


1.) OPI Nail Envy: I’m sure everybody and their mother has heard me gripe about the quality (and I use that term loosely) of my nails, so I’ll cut to the chase. This hasn’t made them grow in diamond hard, and they’re still thin, but compared to what they were, this product has made the biggest difference in my nails out of anything I’ve tried.

2.) Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo: I have the oiliest damn roots known to mankind. I have tried everything from showering every third day so my hair’s natural oils will “balance themselves out” (big, ol’ crock of you-know-what right there) to showering daily even while suffering a raging flu. Nothing helps. Within eight hours of showering, grease ball. I mainly hear everyone sing Batiste’s praises, but I have never tried Batiste. What I have tried is this nifty little can and a couple of drugstore brands. I can’t compare it to Batiste (which I will try when I finish this up), but this stuff is far superior to the Suave and Pantene dry shampoos I’ve tried. Spritz, let dry, finger comb, and so long, greasy roots. It also makes my hair very textured, which is cool. 

3.) Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation: So, being the scatterbrained goofball I am, I sort of… forgot some makeup essentials when I went to Biloxi last month. I grabbed this because A.) it was pasty enough to work for me, and B.) I’ve heard good things. Ladies, you ain’t lyin’! This foundation goes on like a dream, covers everything, so the concealer I remembered to pack was never used, and it keeps the oil at bay. It offers SPF 20, and any additional sun protection is good for me and my fellow Caspers. It’s not quite a dupe for my beloved Hourglass Immaculate foundation, but it’s as close as a drugstore will ever get. Oh, and it’s $7.99. Yeah, this wins the award for best bang for your buck. 

4.) Forever 21 Nail Color: I’ve been giving my nails as much of a break as I can in the hope that they’ll grow, but… yeah, they’re still awful, so I slapped a coat of Mint Leaves on there to test it out, and wow. This was a surprise favorite. I thought, “No way does a polish that costs $2.80 stand a chance.” I was wrong. The application was awful. It felt so weird going on, but once it dried (in under twenty minutes), it was amazing. It lasted a full week before I took it off to reapply Nail Envy and get rid of a hangnail. I have a full review here.

5.) Pantene Expert Collection AgeDefy Shampoo: I actually had the pleasure of trying this years before it was released to the general public thanks to belonging to a survey site. It asks that I not divulge information about products for six months, and it’s been at least two years. I was gutted when my trial ran out, so you can imagine the stupid dance I did in the middle of Walgreens when I clapped eyes on this beauty. It just makes my hair so shiny and smooth. Love.

6.) Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk: Reviews on the Sephora website prompted this splurge, which I wouldn’t have bought if I hadn’t had a gift card from a certain, insanely generous someone. Some women are saying it’s cured their rosacea, eczema, and a host of other problems. I wouldn’t say it’s cured anything, but it’s made the ever-present eczema around my nose less ever-present. 

7.) Bumble and Bumble Bb. Straight: No, I’m not going to include this in every single favorites list. Yes, I could. This makes my hair sleek and glossy instead of frazzled and crazy even if I allow it to dry naturally, which I’ve been trying to do more often. Just... get it. If you haven't already, go and get it.

8.) Skin and Bones Oil: Because my skin is actually demon-possessed, it’s decided to go really, really dry now that the weather is warm. I don’t even know. I use this after my Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk for added moisture. It’s a mixture of about ten thousand oils. It smells kinda freaky, like the inside of a hippie’s car, but it’s awesome-sauce. One application of this, and the pesky dehydration lines on my forehead are much less visible. 

Huh, I didn’t make it to my usual ten products this month. I’m sure I’ll make up for it next month with an overabundance, plus there’s my non-beauty faves coming up. 


Until then! X

3 comments:

  1. I love the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo!!! My favorite. However, I find it runs out quickly. I don't use tons of it, but only get about 2-3 uses out of a can. I went to purchase another can, but it appears they've repackaged. I couldn't find the familiar yellow can. They are all brown now, and the dry shampoo is different. I hope to review it soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - I love your logo! I adore owls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not cool considering the price. I've had mine for a while, and it's going strong! Oh, no. I hate when they change the formulas! I guess I'll try Batiste like I've been meaning to. You're welcome. Thanks for dropping by mine! Owls are so freaking cute. :)

    ReplyDelete