Friday, June 6, 2014

Gone, Baby, Gone (Empties #5)


I’m showing you my trash again. Isn’t that the strangest thing to do? Oh, well. If I’ve used something up, that means I like it (well, most of it), and that means some of you might like it, too!

1.) Earth Science ADE Creamy Cleanser: This is a cleanser that made it into at least one favorites list as well as something recommended to rosacea sufferers. I may need to amend that to “rosacea sufferers who don’t have active break-outs.” It’s extremely gentle and usually very non-drying, but since I’ve been using Metrogel twice a day to combat a massive rosacea flare-up, I’ve found switched to an oil cleanser because my skin feels a little tight when I use the ADE cleanser. I do love this stuff, and I have four more bottles stockpiled for when my skin calms down again, but proceed with caution. 

2.) Broo Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner*: I had never heard of beer-based shampoo or the brand Broo before, so when these turned up on my doorstep a few months ago, I was excited to give them a go. Holy brewhouse, Batman! They smell like caramel and chocolate and very faintly of beer. As the name would suggest, they’re extremely hydrating and worked wonders for my damaged hair. They’re sulfate free, also a huge plus, and only around $13 a bottle. I’ll definitely be looking into more from the brand.

3.) Ren Hydra Calm Cleansing Milk: This was a wee sample included in a Sephora order. I took it to Biloxi with me in April thinking it would last me the weekend. It actually held out for close to a week and was wonderfully calming after I got a little sun. I love Ren as a brand. When I do work through my collection of cleansers, I may pick this one up. (Note: It's called Evercalm, not Hydracalm, on the Sephora website).

4.) Luster Power White: After reading up online, I discovered the cause of my dry lips could actually be the sulfates in my toothpaste, so I picked up this sulfate-free variety to try. It came highly recommended; users touted its whitening abilities. I expected so much, and it was a great big fail. I do drink quite a bit of coffee and tea, and my teeth aren’t that discolored, so I thought, “Yeah, this should work!” No difference. None. I will say that my lips are a little less dry.

5.) MD Solar Sciences Mineral Cream SPF 50: I love this sunscreen so much it’s actually ridiculous. I recommend it to everyone. It doesn’t leave a white cast (who would notice on my pasty skin, though?), dries down to a matte finish so I don’t look like an oil slick by noon, and doesn’t cause any skin naughtiness of any kind. What’s not to love?

6.) Crest 3D White: This is what I was using before the Luster toothpaste, and while I did see a subtle difference, it’s not worth it to use something that dries my lips out so much. They were literally cracking and bleeding as much as they did during winter, if not moreso. I wonder if I’m allergic to something, or if I’m just that sulfate sensitive. If you don’t have finicky skin, it’s great stuff.

So that’s it for my latest empties. What have you used up lately?


M

No comments:

Post a Comment