Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June Beauty Favorites

My skin is horrendous at the moment. It happens every single time I get sick, so I don’t know why I’m surprised. I guess I just always hope that maybe, just maybe, I’ll get to skip out on the blotchiness that accompanies every cold. Nope! So it’s no surprise most of my favorites are skincare related. What else is new? I promise to be more adventurous in July!


1.) Metrogel: Not the most glamorous product in the world, Metrogel is vital nonetheless. I don’t use this on a daily basis because I’m terrified my skin is going to get used to it. I hear you’re more likely to suffer flare-ups without daily use, but since I haven’t had a terrible outbreak — until now — in a few… Okay, look, I suck. I should just use it daily because it works. I just wished it worked faster


2.) Mario Badescu Drying Lotion: If Metrogel is slow to work, this little wonder makes up for it. I had a humongous zit forming above my lip, the kind that was so painful it hurt to speak. I applied a dollop of this goop on once, and the next morning it had come to a head. I was so sick that day I never left the house, so I slathered on more, and the morning after that, the massive whitehead had become a red mark. A blend of salicylic acid and calamine (with a layer of alcohol on top to keep the product from drying out), this is honestly the fastest working spot treatment I have ever used. 


3.) Mavala Nice Nail Polish*: Mavala, y u no sell your polishes in the US?! This tiny bottle (and they are tiny) was in a swap with a friend, and now I want every single shade they make. I painted my nails a couple of weeks ago and finally had to remove the polish after a whopping nine days because it had grown out from my nails like a gel manicure. I have never used a longer-lasting polish. It was crazy how good my nails looked until the color grew out too noticeably. There was only tip wear on two nails, and only if I looked for it. If you live in countries where they sell Mavala, grab it! Nice is the prettiest deep coral, perfect for summer. 


4.) Philosophy Hot Buttered Rum Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath: Okay, so this is more of an autumn/winter scent, but I don’t care. I love it anyway. It smells amazing, lathers well, and doesn’t strip my skin. If they made a Hot Buttered Rum perfume, I would use it daily and walk around smelling myself. It smells that good.



5.) Redken Color Gels 7RO Marigold: I have tried almost every single boxed red hair dye out there in search of my perfect “my color as a little girl before asthma treatments and grays wrecked it” color, but it simply can’t be found in boxed dye. I ordered a bottle of developer and a bottle of color, mixed my own at home, and it’s beautiful. I haven’t taken any pictures yet because I feel like death, so for now you’ll have to take my word for it. You shall soon see, I promise. It’s going to be so much easier to touch up the nasty grays, too. I won’t have to waste an entire bottle to touch up, and that will save money in the long run. Plus the color is better, more natural. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment