Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer Nail Picks

I noticed a theme while I was putting together my top five (turned out to be top six, whoops!) nail polishes for summer. Bright colors, unusual blues, and nudes are definitely my thing during the hotter months. Am I the only one longing for autumnal burgundies and bronzed shades? Probably. 


My favorites, in order of appearance in the line-up instead of preference, are:

1.) Butter London - Cuppa: A warm nude the color of Earl Grey tea sweetened with vanilla almond milk, my all-time favorite drink. 

2.) China Glaze - For Audrey: A beautiful Tiffany box blue named after one of the classiest, most beautiful women in the world.

3.) Zoya - Kennedy: A more pinky nude that hides chips and tip wear like nothing else — not that Zoya polishes ever chip on me. They grow out first.

4.) Butter London - Trout Pout: A creamsicle orange shade that never fails to make me crave push-pops. Does anyone else remember those? 

5.) Nails Inc - Sheraton Street: A pastel version of slate blue, one of my favorite colors. It tends to wash me out if I wear it near my face, but I can get away with it on my nails. 

6.) Butter London - Cake-Hole: As in “driver picks the music; shotgun shuts his cake-hole.” A vibrant pink that screams “summer.”


What are your favorite polishes for summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment