Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 10: The Eyes Have It

This post was partially brought to you from the hospital, as my mom ended up back in the emergency room. Thankfully, this time it was due to dehydration. There were no heart problems at all. No, I’m not a heartless bitch for writing a blog entry on my phone; I needed something to distract me while she napped during our wait. 

Today’s theme is “emphasis on the eyes,” and I’ve got three must-haves to brag about. First up, my absolute favorite.


1.) NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base: This is my holy grail eyeshadow primer. I have actually given away my other primers because nothing works as well as this does. When I need my eyeshadow to last for longer than two hours, this is the only thing I can count on. The consistency is really weird. It feels kind of like Elmer’s glue when you spread it over the lid, and it’s almost tacky even once it’s dried down enough to apply shadow. I suspect that’s the magic behind it. If you can own only one primer, it should be this one.


2.) Rimmel Glam Eyes Quad in Afternoon Tea*: I got this quad as a gift with purchase many moons ago, used it a few times, shoved it in a drawer, and forgot it was there. The morning I had to go the DMV rolled around, and my epic scrambling for makeup — I forgot to pack eyeshadow — began. I located this little quad, slapped some on, and I was really impressed by the color payoff! Not only that, but the shadows feel buttery soft, not at all chalky like some inexpensive eyeshadows. I can’t believe I forgot this little beauty here. I highly recommend Rimmel.



3.) Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara Waterproof*: For some stupid reason, you can’t find Max Factor in drugstores in America anymore. I remembered this being my absolute favorite mascara back in 2002, when Max Factor was widely available here, and asked a British friend to send me one in exchange for an impossible-to-find-in-the-UK pressie. Yeah, it’s still my favorite. This stuff endured my sob-fest last week when my mom was admitted to the ER. It survived the hundreds of times I wiped my eyes. It never budged. Best. Mascara. Ever. Plus, I just found it on Amazon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment