Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Day 29: Candles

Literally the only reason I narrowed this list down to my top three is because we’re about to go to dinner as I’m writing this, and dinner trumps discussing my love of candles, no matter how delicious they smell. My three favorites are all from Yankee Candle. I have others I really do love, but I’ve repurchased these three numerous times and will continue to do so.


1.) Balsam and Cedar: I first discovered this one in the after-Christmas sale bin at Books-A-Million for a whopping five dollars. It smells lovely in the jar, but when it burns, it fills your entire house with a warm, wintery smell. I burn this every year around Christmastime, and it always makes me happy.


2.) Red Velvet: My favorite cake of all time is red velvet, so when I saw this online, I knew I would love it. I’ve burned through three or four of these, and I always buy a new one when I start to run low. It’s perfect for any time of year, day or night. It’s sweet without being overpowering, and it reminds me of happy times.


3.) Strawberry Buttercream: This might be the most amazing of the bunch. I adore them all, but this one is loved by even those who just don’t get candles. I first purchased it in summer a few years ago, so it’s a summer candle in my mind. It smells exactly like the name. It’s sweet, refreshing, and long-lasting.

So, fellow candle-fiends, any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment