Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Restaurant Review: Sonic, You Fail!


Today my mom and I both had sore throats, so we decided to head to the local Sonic for Happy Hour slushes. I try to watch my sugar intake, and my mom is diabetic, so we both opted for the “sugar-free” blackberry slushes. They were delicious. I was so in love that I instantly looked online to see which artificial sweetener they used to make their slushes so amazing…

Only to discover they were not completely sugar-free. The blackberry syrup might be, but the base of the slush itself does contain sugar. I immediately told my mom, who had to check her blood sugar and take insulin. 

Bad move, Sonic. Very bad move. 

What would have happened if we had been on the road, she’d stopped for a slush, thinking it was sugar free, and her blood sugar had spiked so high she lost consciousness behind the wheel? What the beejesus were you idiots thinking when you decided to claim a drink is sugar-free when it isn’t

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment