Thursday, August 14, 2014

Sick Day Sadness

Everything aches. My head feels like it’s not really connected to my body anymore. My throat feels like I ate ground glass for dinner. I don’t know what’s wrong with me, but I know I feel like Utter Hell. In the hope of making myself feel less like reheated death, I plan on bundling up under several layers of polar fleece and breaking out some old favorites. 


1.) Chloraseptic Warming Sore Throat Lozenges: These things are amazing. They taste pretty good, but I would love them even if they tasted disgusting because they actually work. I only have a few left. I need to stock up soon.


2.) Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett: Possibly my favorite book of all time. If you haven’t read it yet, you’re missing out. It’s witty. It’s light-hearted. It makes me happy when I’m down in the dumps — or when I feel like I’ve been flushed down the toilet. 


3.) Guardians of the Galaxy Soundtrack: I just saw the movie with my uncle and adored it. One of the reasons was the soundtrack. Some of the songs are horrifically cheesy, but they’re the songs I grew up hearing, and nothing is more comforting when you feel like death than familiar music.

4.) NyQuil: For when I just can’t handle being awake anymore but feel too dreadful to sleep, that’s where this wonder drug kicks in. NyQuil, I love you. Never leave me. 

What are your sick day requirements?

7 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I want to try all of these fancy American medicines! My main sick-day requirement is a big blanket to make myself into a burrito until I'm better!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, if you come to the US, stock up! Or maybe there should be some kind of care package exchange group... Hm.

      Delete
    2. Also, you can check ingredients lists for dextromethorphan and doxylamine succinate, the leading ingredients in NyQuil.

      Delete
  2. I should lurk the internet for Nyquil, need something like that to knock me out when I get ill (which I do.. often)

    www.bitofeverythingblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, it's miserable. The main ingredients in NyQuil are dextromethorphan and doxylamine succinate, so I'd read the labels and find something with one or both of those.

      Delete
  3. There is a prescription med called "Miracle Mouthwash" that is the #1 best sore throat reliever ever. I hate having a sore throat! Even if I'm starting to feel better, a sore throat makes me feel yuck! I am such an avid reader and Tori Amos crazy fan, and yet I've never read Neil Gaiman. Which book would you recommend as a first? Nyquil is da bomb. I hope you feel better soon hun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the worst thing! It's not possible to feel well if your throat is sore. I've never actually heard of that before... Hopefully I won't have to go to the doctor to get any. Ahhhh, I love Tori! I'd probably start with American Gods or Good Omens. They're completely different, but they're just... wow. I reread them at least every two years. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete