Wednesday, August 27, 2014

TheBalm Bombs


Do you ever look through old pictures on your phone and go, “Oh, wow, I forgot I took this?” I had a moment like that the other day, but I can’t believe I forgot about this particular disaster!

Like me, my mom suffers from rosacea, so certain products break her out like crazy. One such product was TheBalm’s Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer, which she took on holiday with her… for Christmas. Yup, it’s almost September, and I just now rediscovered these pictures, photographed in Houston, Texas. 


You almost escaped my wrath, TheBalm. Almost


While the product looked lovely on the skin, you can see what said skin looked like after it was removed. A blotchy, red, pustule-covered mess. (I did ask my mom’s permission before photographing the hot mess that was her face post-washing for this. Please don’t think I got all up in there without asking first).

Needless to say, she never used the stuff again, and we still don’t know what it was that caused such a terrible reaction. All we do know is that we will never recommend it to anyone with remotely sensitive skin.

(And now I'll go back to torturing my own skin. Between this stuff and the Sonic disaster, I'm kind of ganging up on my poor mother!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment