Thursday, September 4, 2014

I Am My Hair

I’m getting my hair cut today (which is the day after tomorrow as I’m writing this), and the Lady Gaga song Hair (from which I stole the title of this blog post) oh-so-appropriately popped into my head. I don’t make enough music recommendations on my blog, so I figured I’d plug the song in case anyone missed out on it back in 2011 when the Born This Way album first came out.

She gets plenty of hate, and I don’t like every single song she’s ever done, but as a rule, I love Lady Gaga. She has an amazing vocal range, and while some of her songs do have a similar feel to Madonna circa Confessions On a Dance Floor, others are original and thought-provoking, even haunting. 

Born This Way is my favorite Gaga album to date, but… and this will sound weird… I typically only listen to it during fall. Maybe that’s just because Tristan and I blasted the album constantly during fall the year it came out, but the music feels autumnal and somehow sounds richer during cooler months. So here is Hair. I recommend listening to it now and again once the temperature drops. Maybe you’ll hear what I mean.

Am I the only one with weird quirks like that?



No comments:

Post a Comment