Friday, October 3, 2014

Smooth Moves


(Full disclosure: this post is a collaboration between SheSpeaks, Aveda, and myself. All opinions are my own.)

A few weeks back, the lovely ladies of SheSpeaks asked if I would like to test out Aveda’s new Smooth Infusion styling product, and as a long-time fan of Aveda products, I said yes. 

To start off with, my hair is mental. Some days, it’s mostly straight. Others, I wake up with Nicole Kidman-esque ringlets in my hair. For the most part, it’s wavy, especially if allowed to dry naturally with only a fine mist of leave-in spray added after my shower. 

That’s exactly what I did here, and this is how my hair turned out.


Aveda’s Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight promises to keep your hair straight for up to three days after use, and — get this — gradually straighten your hair overall. 

I feel straight hair suits me better than bouncy curls. It’s less precious and fussy. I see myself keeping it straight for a few months, so I was willing to give this a go and see if they were full of it… or if Aveda knocked it out of the park again.

I trusted the product would keep my hair straight a day or two after I washed it, and it performed exactly as expected. No surprises there. What did surprise me was that my hair began to stay straighter even if I went to bed with my hair still damp and with zero products in it. 

Here’s my hair on day two after showering, when the curl usually returns, and without a single styling cream coating my strands. There is only the faintest hint of a wave returning, and I live in a humid, frizz-inducing climate. I have also tested the product by running it through damp hair and letting it dry naturally. It doesn't have quite the same glossy shine as when I blow dry, but if you're pressed for time, it does straighten the hair to a good degree.


It smells wonderful, too, and it doesn't weigh the hair down or cause any unsightly greasiness. 

Thanks, Aveda! I loved testing this, and I'll definitely keep using it. Naturally Straight can be found online here and at Aveda salons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment