Friday, October 17, 2014

Weekly Favorites #1

It’s too late to do my September favorites — not that I had many considering how crazy the month was — and too early to do my October favorites, so I thought I’d do a weekly favorites instead. This may or may not become a thing. I don’t know.


1.) Glade Pumpkin Pie Diner Candle: I picked this up at Kroger for the exorbitant price of $2.99. It’s not as amazing as my new Bath and Body Works candle and doesn’t have much throw (that’s the term for how far away from the candle you can still smell it for those who don’t know, which I didn’t until the other day), but when I burn it on my nightstand, it smells absolutely delicious. And, hey, three bucks. 


2.) La Roche-Posay Rosaliac Skin Perfecting Anti-Redness Moisturizer: I’ve had this stuff for ages, and it’s still going. I have several moisturizers, so I don’t use it on a daily basis, but still! You’d think I’d be out by now. It comes out green, but don’t be worried about looking like the Hulk when you put this on. The green vanishes immediately, toning down redness. It doesn’t cover it all, but it helps, and it feels amazingly soothing.


3.) Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD: Being a nerd, I’ve always loved the show, but this season is really good! This week’s episode was especially entertaining. Fitz is finally bonding with the guys, yay! The May vs. May fight was hilarious, too. I’m a little leery of how they’re going to handle Mockingbird, but I’m definitely going to keep watching to find out.


4.) Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: I’m that annoying person who figures out the ending of a “mystery” within the first twenty minutes of a movie (or the first few chapters of a book), so while I can’t say the big reveal surprised me, I can say that I really enjoyed how it played out. It’s definitely not your run-of-the-mill thriller. I’m glad I finally got around to reading it!

So that’s what I’ve loved this week. It’s nice not having something lousy to rant about mixed in with the raves!

No comments:

Post a Comment